Dallas Hard Drive Shredding
Physical files are not the only way for Dallas identity thieves to steal your private information. Your hard drives also need to be destroyed before they leave your possession. This is required for compliance with privacy laws on Texas and federal levels, including HIPAA and FACTA. Simply wiping a hard drive clean of your files is not enough to ensure they cannot be recoverable, as all files are in fact recoverable from a hard drive regardless whether or not they have been erased.
To be sure your data is secure, there is no better way than to physically destroy the hard drive. Dallas Paper Shredding’s network offers hard drive shredding, where your hard drives are pulverized to ensure their destruction. The destruction of your hard drive can be done at your site or at a secure plant, after which, your pieces are melted down and recycled. There will be no question about your security after their destruction.
This does not only apply to the hard drive in your traditional desktop computer—there are other hard drives at risk. Hard drives are hidden all around your home and office office. Copy and fax machines also have hard drives that must be shredded, since these devices store a copy of every file it has ever received throughout its lifetime. Don’t make the same mistake Affinity Health Plan made in 2010, especially if you are currently leasing any of your office equipment.
Watch Out for These Electronic Devices at your Dallas Business:
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Biomedical devices—physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Embedded flash on boards and devices—motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non volatile flash memory
- Optical media—CDs and DVDs
- Mobile devices—cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Legacy magnetic media—floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- Memory cards—SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- USB removable media—pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- PC hard drives
Protect Yourself from a Data Breach—Enlist in a Hard Drive Shredding Service Today!
Failing to shred your old hard drives can result in severe repercussions. The destruction of digital data can only be guaranteed through hard drive shredding. Let Dallas Paper Shredding help protect your business, employees, and clients today!
To learn more about hard drive shredding, simply fill out the form on the left or give us a call at (214) 385-4225.